Monday, November 16, 2009

PERFECTION...What does it mean???

I feel GOOD today!!!

This was a GOOD weekend for me - did lots of thinking - and something came clearer to me!

Self Esteem
Perfection

These are two areas that I suffer - have always had very low self esteem and the feeling that I need to be perfect. If I am not perfect I just don't try or give a damn then I allow myself to shut down - and true happiness with myself escapes...

Well.... Sitting at the Ribfest this weekend - I did a lot of people watching!! I saw people of many colors, styles and shapes. I saw people that were confident - happy!! And while really observing them - I was thinking about PERFECTION.. Or this stupid idea of perfection that I have Concocted for myself. That I can not be REALLY happy unless I am perfect... Perfect weight, Perfect clothes - etc. BUT, really what is PERFECT!!! As I looked at 1000's of different people I realized that not one of them were the SAME!!! So why do I spend so much energy and time trying to be LIKE!! Instead of just being??? Now this isn't rocket science - and there is really no reason why this hit me now. Except that maybe I am finally taking those steps towards being happy - I mean REALLY HAPPY!!

I suppose it is just one more step toward my FUTURE!!

Make it a GREAT Day!! M

4 comments:

M McCown said...

I am glad you finally realized NO ONE is perfect! We may delude ourselves, but the reality is that the pursuit of perfection is all we can ask for. In the journey lies the standard.

Anonymous said...

big step I think...and a lesson for us all.... I hope you have a great day Sis!! Love you!!

Margie said...

Thank you ladies for the Blog Love..

XOXO

M aka Sis!

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! really nice post.